About the Program
Sometimes life gets in the way of an education, and adults without a high school credential may experience a challenging path to career success. Fortunately, the Monroe College Career Pathways (MCP) program provides an opportunity for adult learners to earn a New York State High School Equivalency (HSE) while pursuing an associate degree.
The MCP program offers unmatched personalized support services, along with career development and financial literacy seminars that enhance the student academic experience. Qualified candidates are generally 21 years of age or older and demonstrate the academic ability and personal motivation to complete college-level coursework.
Students earn 24 credits for the High School Equivalency diploma and an additional 36 semester credits to earn the Associate degree (60 total semester credits) to be completed in 5 semesters (20 months).
The 24 credits include courses in the following subjects:
- Math (college-level)
- English (2 college-level)
- Social Science
- Natural Science
- Major Area courses (2)
A personal admissions advisor guides students through the steps of the application process:
- Attend a Career Pathways webinar to learn about the program, eligible majors, and admissions process.
- Submit the Monroe College online application, along with the personal statement, applicable application fee, and other required documents.
- Earn the required scores on the standardized entrance exam.
- Participate in an interview to fully explore academic and career goals.
Associate degree majors:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Sports Management